Friday, October 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

 Thursday is officially gone as I write this but I have a lot to be thankful for so:

I am thankful that when Wayne broke down on the interstate today he was only 40 miles from home, (he could have been one more exit up on a much more dangerous part of the highway with nowhere safe to pull off).

I am thankful that there was an auto parts store nearby with everything that he needed to fix his truck and doubly thankful that he knew how to fix it. (note to daughters always marry a man who can fix stuff)

I am thankful that the cost didn't quite completely empty out our bank account.

I am thankful that after spending all afternoon on the highway I got home just in time to get the kids ready to go to 4H.

I am thankful that I got home from 4H just in time to rush to the hospital as they took my sister in for emergency surgery.

I am thankful they got her appendix out before it ruptured.

I am thankful that so far none of the other kids have come down with the puking and pooping bug that her baby Jace has.

It was a really hard day and some of that certainly held a little sarcasm but I AM so truly grateful that my sweet sis Kim is going to be OK. I love you Kimmy. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment