Thursday, October 14, 2010

a little praise

Today Rosie had speech . I encouraged her to show off her signs. She signed " more, please, help" and when I asked her to "show" Miss V her new sign (peanut butter) she got out of her chair and went to the pantry to find it. Too cute right. I gave her some on a spoon and she tried to share it with Miss V, who said she was cute and sweet and super smart. At soccer Betsy stopped during her game to give her friend Bri a high-five for making a goal. Bri's mom said Betsy was the kindest little girl she knew. Rosie played ball with another teammates little sister. The girls mom said Rosie was a good sharer. At Leah's game her friend asked me if Leah could come to her birthday party. She said Leah was the nicest kid on the team.While we were there Emma was talking to some girls at the concession stand. When I went up later to get some napkins one of the little girls asked me if Emma was my daughter. She said Emma had a great sense of humor. You know what, they are cute and sweet and smart and kind and good sharers and nice and funny. All of that praise felt like a big ol pat on the back to their Mama.  





Funny things kids say:

Leah says that if  horse are a herd and birds are a flock
then a bunch of kids is a riot, 
 "but the funny kind, not like the crazy kind that smashes things and steals stuff"

No comments:

Post a Comment