Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Yea, I know Halloween is tomorrow. But here in the bible belt we would never ever dream of celebrating a pagan holiday and mocking evil on Sunday.  However it is perfectly acceptable to do it on Saturday as long as we wash off the fake blood before we get dressed up on Sunday morning.

Mahaley had a party to go to so for the first year ever she did not join us:(

The other kids dressed up as a zombie (Jamie), a Japanese girl (Emma), a country music star (Leah), Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz (Betsy), a clown (Rosie). Ashley and Jace also went with us. They were a skeleton queen and a garden gnome ( who refused to wear his hat and beard). We met up with Adam, Niki, Sydney and Justin. Sydney was the cutest little pirate girl ever.

Betsy turned out to be a little con artist. At every house she ended up with more candy than the rest of the kids. She would wait until they gave her something and then look sadly into the bowl and say " I sure do like Kit-Kats" so of course they would give her more. Or sometimes she would respond to a compliment with " Thank you, I know I look cute, I'm being adorable today". Of course that was adorable so she really racked up on the candy!

Now we are looking forward to a week of tummy aches from all that candy. You know a long time ago when I cared more before I knew better I used to ration out my kids Halloween candy. I'd give them one or two pieces after they had finished their vegetables at dinner. Then I realized that with the amount they hauled in I would be giving out candy (and listening to the begging)  until Christmas, when they would get more candy, which would last until Valentines and so on and so on. Then I came up with my current brilliant strategy. I let them eat all they want, every day all day for three or four days and then I trash it all. No one throws up more than once and after a few days it's over and done with.




Up and coming country star!

Where's Toto?


Cutest pirate wench ever.


Very serious zombie.



Pretty and shy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment