Saturday, October 9, 2010

Sad Mama

Dixie, 15 years old

Why does this make me so sad?




Dixie, 4 years old

Because now this cute little four year old only lives in memories and photos.


Don't get me wrong, I love my beautiful, bossy, opinionated, determined, smart, wonderful 15 year old with all of my heart ; but oh how I miss my beautiful, bossy, opinionated, determined, smart 4 year old:(

I took Dixie for her yearly checkup last month. She has stopped growing. Nothing wrong with that, it's completely normal she's just reached her adult size. I almost cried. I wanted to say " stopped growing! but..but.. I'm not done raising her." I know in reality I have lots left to do, she's going to need her Mom for her whole life maybe the most in these hard teenage years. In my heart though I feel like someone has stolen away my baby.




No comments:

Post a Comment