Sunday, November 7, 2010

Saving light?

I hate Daylight Savings Time.
One reason is that it's really hard to explain the concept to kids (especially since I'm not so sure I really get it myself). After a lengthy explanation touching on farmers hours, saving electricity and wartime concerns, Betsy finally says " I really just want to know where they keep the (saved) light!" Another reason I hate it is that you can't explain to a baby that they are now waking Mommy up at 7am instead of 8. The whole transition just really screws up my schedule and I'm a little ticked off by it. I think it's an outdated, no longer useful idea. Isn't there a petition to end it that I can sign?
Because the whole time thing made me so grumpy I stayed home all day today. I got almost nothing accomplished but laundry.  Most of the kids spent the morning at church. Thank you God for our church bus program( and I mean that sincerely from my heart).

Rosie and Beth helped with the laundry.



I am not exaggerating when I say that this is the first time I have seen the bottom of that laundry basket in 6 months.


I have been getting a lot of (not positive) feedback about the fact that there's NO CAKE on this site so I've decided to add some of our favorite recipes.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse

3 oz. white chocolate - find some good eating chocolate, not those fake white chocolate chips
8 oz. cream cheese- softened to room temp.
3/4 cup powdered sugar - sifted
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream

Melt chocolate in microwave, try 15 to 30 seconds at a time until smooth.
Mix chocolate and cream cheese in a medium bowl.
In a separate bowl mix sugar and cream.
Whip cream until stiff peaks form.
Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream mixture.
Line a colander with a thin cloth, like cheesecloth or with coffee filters.
Put cream cheese mixture into colander and set colander into a slightly larger bowl, you want there to be space underneath for liquid to drain out.
Leave in fridge overnight.
Discard the liquid that drains out. You can put the finished mousse into a graham cracker or shortbread crust or you can do what we do and just stand around and eat it out of the bowl. It's really good topped with strawberries.

I forgot to mention that I always double this recipe and if people are coming over I triple it.
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment