Friday, February 4, 2011

My new love


I've needed a new camera for a long time. Ever since the unfortunate camera sitting episode. This isn't exactly my dream camera but it's the most I could stand to spend on something that I'm not very good at using. Once I've mastered this ( and it could be a while, the manual is 143 pages long and so far I can't take a picture off of auto) then I might splurge on something better.

Lately I've had some great things to take photos of so I'm getting a little frustrated that it's taking me so long to get the hang of this camera.

Last weekend Wayne and I went to a show.







Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall and Larry the Cable Guy (Wayne's favorite). It was a really great show. Very funny. Honestly, anything would have been great considering it's been so long since we went out on a real date that I cannot remember the last time. We might have to make real dates a tradition.

While we were out Mahaley went to a dance with some friends.





Aren't they pretty girls!


Best of all, we got a new (to us) car!

I was really sick of my gas guzzling 12 passenger van with it's million and one "little repairs" so I was secretly glad when it finally kicked the bucket.
We had planned to get a more efficient 8 passenger minivan, but after driving around in my sister's van for a few days I knew that I could not live life as a sardine.
So now I am the proud owner of a not quite so gas guzzling Chevy Suburban. I bought it last weekend while it was 75 degrees and sunny. If it ever stops sleeting today I will take a couple of pictures of it.

1 comment:

  1. If you are expecting baby #10, then how will you all fit in a Suburban??? And, does it really get that much better gas mileage? We get 16 mpg on freeway driving, with our 15 pass.

    I LOVE my 15 pass. van. We bought our first 15 pass. when we had 6 kids ... drove it 185,000 miles, and then bought a 2nd one (after baby #10) that we have now put 120,000 miles on. We LOVE to take cross country road trips will all of the kids (and our bit tent trailer).

    Glad you found my blog. I look forward to reading more about your family.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete